Thursday, July 19, 2012

'Cause you're in the world...

“So every day
So every day
I was surrounded by the beautiful crying forth
of the ideas of God,
one of which was you.”
~ Mary Oliver

I think there is something magical in watching children grow.. In the way they learn about everything around them as if it is the most wonderful thing they've just discovered, and how they get excited about the smallest things.. The way they get frustrated when they try something and cannot yet get it right, and oh how wonderful when they finally manage.. Discovering the joys of family and people that love them.. And for me it is the most precious thing to see how the boys are discovering each other, as if they suddenly look at each other and think 'Hey, you're quite cool.. I really like being with you..'
We were driving in the car on the weekend and it's so nice when Michael drives and I get to watch what the boys do.. So Ethan has this way of staring at Jaydon and Jaydon has now decided that it is really funny.. So he starts to pull faces at Ethan who then smiles at him and oh then Jaydon is chuffed.. He laughs and then repeats the whole thing.. I look at them and I can just pray 'Thank you God for giving me these two wonderful beings.. For showing me a little peace of heaven for making my life so rich now that they are in it...'

Some photos of when I put Ethan in the cot with Jaydon..




I'm still loving every moment I can spend with the boys... Today these lyrics kept playing in my head... '..how wonderful life is..that you're in the world...' not even sure if that's the exact correct ones, but it's the ones I kept singing to myself.. I don't think anyone could explain to me just how much you can love your children...

Gorgeous eyes..
Before getting dressed.. Just love his edible toddler-ishness..

Ethan is now really starting to sit nicely... And he just loves his solids.. Eating 3 meals a day already and sometimes also a snack... Still no luck with the bottle... But we' ll get there.. Eventually...


Intrigued...

Jaydon has found another new favorite toy.. His leopard and blankly... I love how he just wakes up and decides which toy is the one he is taking everywhere that day..(Padda still stays the ultimate and he goes to bed with him every night...) I love seeing how he is budding into an independent little toddler with his own ideas.. I just love watching my boy showing me what he wants and being so thrilled about it when he knows that I know... 

Feeding his leopard..
Sharing special times with Auntie Jo.. we so blessed to have you!
Seriousness.

We are going away for the weekend, and I'm really looking forward to it.. We'll be in the Pilansberg. Hoping to take lots of pictures and will make a post when we back... I'm so looking forward to some family time with Michael and the boys... 


'In my previous life I was a civil attorney. At one point I truly believed that was what I wanted to be - but that was before I'd been handed a fistful of crushed violets from a toddler. Before I understood that the smile of a child is a tattoo: indelible art.' ~ Jodi Picoult, My sister's keeper


1 comment:

  1. I was sitting with Ethan on my lap last week, and Jaydon walked up to us. Without prompting him, he put his arms out and around Ethan and gave him this massive hug, for about 4/5 seconds... It was so special to see! Without even knowing about the word love, Jaydon KNOWS what love is... and it's all because of his mom and dad....

    ReplyDelete