Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Capturing the memories...

So I've decided to start a blog.. Something I've been debating over for a while now and well I'm finally going to give it a try.. I really just want to have something which our family and friends can read to stay up to date with our everyday lives, but maybe more so something for the boys to be able to read when they're ready.. about them.. Us... And life as it is now..

I read a quote today which said the following..
'Making a decision to have a child - it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart walking outside your body.' Elizabeth Stone

This is so true.. for every day when I see my boys I realize I'm not looking at two little boys, but at two pieces of my heart that will never be just mine ever again.. Jaydon and Ethan, you've come into our lives, and took complete hold of it and well life as we knew it will never be the same again.. But then again I never want it to be. For you have filled our lives with so much love, excitement, joy and adventure.. Many sleepless nights as well if I may add, but even those I would not trade for a single day without you.. For as someone once told me, only once you have kids do you become busy with what life is really all about.. 

Im hoping that by keeping this blog you will one day be able to read about
- how blessed we are to be called your parents, 
- about every day life.. and most importantly 
- the small things we so easily forget but which make life worth celebrating.. 


Something to ponder over..
Just before I started writing this first post, I've put Jaydon in bed for his afternoon nap... And well for the best part of 10 minutes he was trying really hard to get me to come fetch him as he obviously feels he doesn't need a nap.. I guess or shall I say, this must be what they call the battle of the wills..? (something we are getting to practice a lot lately!) It's been quiet for few minutes now... Does that mean that for now I've won this one? Let's hope...!
Ethan is also asleep, so maybe now that I've finally done the first post of this blog, I can try nap with the boys.. Aahhh one of the small things to celebrate while on maternity leave... :-)



Simone

2 comments:

  1. It's perfect my friend, your intro is amazing, and what a wonderful and special way to start the blog :)

    You write so nicely, they are going to love this...

    Wishing you many, many happy blogging moments and capturing of memories

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend, it's really kind of you...

      Delete