Saturday, July 6, 2013

Beautiful

@LaraGWilliams: Imagine if we changed our prayer from "Father, take this away!" to "Father, glorify your name." #hellomornings

Earlier this week a friend told me that 'Sometimes just because your life isn't the way you pictured it to be, doesn't mean that it isn't still beautiful..' And that really got me thinking.

Right now where I am, having lost a second baby, it sometimes is difficult to see beauty around.. But then it's also true that after the first summer rains, the skies are always brighter, clearer and everything looks more beautiful. The past almost two weeks, have been agonizing and I cried a lot of tears. Someone told me, you should cry as much as you want and as often as you want, 'It cleanses the soul and washes you clean'.. And after crying so many tears, maybe just maybe I am seeing my world through different eyes..

I look at my boys, who is the biggest blessings right now and I notice that Jaydon (2,5) is developing such a beautiful sense of humor. He is also starting to be so much more loving towards his brother and the rest of us handing out hugs and kisses unexpectedly and in moments it makes your heart burst to see the beautiful little person that is being uncovered... Ethan (almost 1,5) is starting to show a healthy and very strong will of his own, something some might say is going to be hard going forward. But I am looking at him and cannot help savoring even in this, something beautiful, a personality we will nurture and traits we will help him to use for his good so he can stand up for himself in any situation..
Last night my husband came back from a 3 day business trip and after not seeing him for 3 days in this difficult time I could not help seeing the beauty of being back in the comfort of his arms when he hugged me to say hello, being back in this familiarity made me realise despite all the heartache, what we have is something so beautiful..

Yes, right now life is not how we dreamed and pictured it to be, but I am dreaming of an even more beautiful tomorrow, thanking God for the amazing blessing we have in our life and cannot wait to see what He has in store for us...

The best & most beautiful things in life cannot be seen, not touched, but are felt in the heart. Helen Keller”

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. so sorry for your loss! thankful that you are seeing the beautiful in the messy! love u and so glad I posted next to you on fmf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Traci. xx

      Delete